north bay trumpet
Why does this tuition
- This instructor's time is extremely
- The instructor must pay studio tuition
whether or not.
- What is the instructor expected to do
when a student does not show for a scheduled lesson time?
- The instructor must be able to use any
available time for make-ups.
- If there is no current demand for
make-ups the instructor must reset the schedule in order
to minimize studio "dead time" and move on to
work on other projects, class preparation, etc.
- Last minute cancellations, no shows,
illnesses, leave the instructor standing in the studio
with "dead time" while he must pay studio rent.
- Studio rent is equal to 10% of the
instructor's total student income for the year.
- Not showing up or canceling without
adequate notice and expecting tuition credit is the same
as the instructor not showing up and expecting payment.
- Would a student or parent see this as
- Despite the fact that a
non-cancellation and non-refund policy is in effect and
SIGNED BY STUDENTS AND PARENTS the instructor was faced
with 68 cancellations during the 05-06 school year.
- This is absolutely unacceptable.
- This represents a loss of over $2500.
- This represents 10% of the
instructor's total studio income for the entire year.
- What business can afford this loss?
- What parent would accept this loss in
- By asking to study at North Bay
Trumpet Studio and SIGNING the tuition payment policy,
the student and parent agree to adhere to this policy
WITHOUT argument or exception.
- Studying with the most highly
qualified private instructor in the area (on any
instrument) with the most clearly outlined study program
and a track record for excellence with his students is a
PRIVILIGE not a right.
- The instructor sincerely hopes that
the student and parent will consider these factors the
next occasion an absence occurs.